ETF Responsible Investment
When you choose one of our responsible investment ETFs, you’re choosing to invest in sustainable development without compromising growth.
Choose investments that make a difference. Desjardins, a leader in the field of responsible investment (RI), now offers 8 new RI exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
ETFs offer several key advantages:
- They’re a low-cost, effective way to diversify portfolios
- They can be traded like a stock (greater flexibility)
- They provide more transparency about the investments held
Discover our line of RI ETFs
|ETF name||Features||Ticker symbol||Management fees|
|Desjardins RI Active Canadian Bond - Low CO2 ETF||Fixed-income Asset||DRCU||0.35%|
|Desjardins RI Canada - Low CO2 Index ETF||Capitalization-weighted||DRMC||0.25%|
|Desjardins RI USA – Low CO2 Index ETF||Capitalization-weighted||DRMU||0.25%|
|Desjardins RI Canada Multifactor – Low CO2 ETF||Multifactor||DRFC||0.50%|
|Desjardins RI USA Multifactor – Low CO2 ETF||Multifactor||DRFU||0.50%|
|Desjardins RI Developed ex-USA ex-Canada Multifactor – Low CO2 ETF||Multifactor||DRFD||0.60%|
|Desjardins RI Emerging Markets Multifactor - Low CO2 ETF
|Desjardins RI Global Multifactor – Fossil Fuel Reserves Free ETF
Innovative RI strategies—first of their kind in Canada
Our responsible investment ETFs replicate their benchmark indices while following one of two general approaches to climate change risk factors.
- With the Desjardins low-CO2 ETFs, investors can choose portfolios that are intended to notably lower their carbon footprints compared to traditional stock indices—these ETFs exclude the companies with the highest carbon intensities.
Fossil fuel-free ETF
- The Desjardins RI Global Multifactor Fossil Fuel Reserves Free ETF gives investors the rare opportunity to invest with zero exposure to the traditional energy sector (coal, gas, oil).
- The fund excludes all companies in the fossil energy sector, or that hold fossil fuel reserves.
- It also excludes companies with a sizable portion of their products coming from thermal coal extraction, or from electricity generated by this resource.
Responsible investment ETFs provide attractive growth potential while supporting the transition to a greener economy.
Desjardins RI ETFs are the result of a sophisticated selection process.
Securities held in our responsible investment ETFs must meet strict selection criteria.
Compliance with international principles
Inspired by the United Nations Global Compact, we exclude companies that profit from the sale of controversial weapons, or from the production and/or manufacturing of tobacco.
ESG “best-in-class” screening
Each company’s environmental, social and governance practices (ESG), measuring risks and impacts on long-term investment value are taken into consideration. The securities are then analyzed along predefined ESG objectives and performance criteria and positions are held in only the top performers—i.e. “best in class.”
Companies that are open-minded
Companies selected for our RI ETF portfolios are also subject to our shareholder engagement policies. As shareholders, we will work with management teams to influence the companies through open and direct dialogue, exercising voting rights and through submitting proposals designed to improve the companies positioning from a variety of Societal, Governance or Environmental perspectives.
The Desjardins Exchange Traded Funds are not guaranteed, their value fluctuates frequently and their past performance is not indicative of their future returns. Commissions, management fees and expenses may all be associated with an investment in exchange traded funds. Please read the prospectus before investing. Desjardins Global Asset Management Inc. is the manager and portfolio manager of the Desjardins Exchange Traded Funds. Desjardins Exchange-traded funds are offered by registered dealers.